Jewellery Maker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My bedroom/table 'studio'!

+6
shazzeruk
Mooch
Tinker
Odonata
Cornish
Ronnie
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

My bedroom/table 'studio'! - Page 2 Empty Re: My bedroom/table 'studio'!

Post  Mead Moon Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:37 am

Ronnie, I just like the language and it's a real challenge. No, I don't have a Russian keyboard. I use translit.ru to type then copy & paste.
Mead Moon
Mead Moon
Not of this world
Not of this world

http://www.meadmoon.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnie Thu Sep 15, 2011 5:32 pm

Thing is Lislarch, if you did paint your walls, you could have been spending that time making jewellery!!! I know what I'd rather do!!!
I am very lucky to have such a wonderful view, I never tire of it.
sunny
Well Elaine, I continue to be extremely impressed as not only - by all accounts - is the language difficult but it is a completely different alphabet!
Ronnie
Ronnie
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

http://www.udelovichdesigns.vpweb.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Uniquejetco Sun Oct 23, 2011 9:39 am

I'll hold my hand up to thinking your name was on the punk rock theme. Didn't a band have a name like loveitch at one time? Question

Dave
Uniquejetco
Uniquejetco
Just getting comfy
Just getting comfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnie Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:03 pm

lol! Dave! Nothing so 'cool'!!! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Ronnie
Ronnie
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

Back to top Go down

Post  mizgeorge Sun Oct 23, 2011 12:09 pm

I lived in Russia for a couple of years. I had all these ideas about learning the language and being able to read Tolstoy and Dostoevsky in the original, and then discovered that 'that' Russian doesn't really exist any more after the language cleansing instituted by Lenin in the 20s. I ended up managaging taxi/bar/supermarket and that was about it! Then moved to the Middle East and had to do the same thing with Arabic. I could just about manage the Cyrillic transliterations, so could find street names and read out loud, but never managed to grasp the written word in Egypt!!
mizgeorge
mizgeorge
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

Back to top Go down

Post  Ronnie Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:03 pm

You are a woman of hidden talents MizGeorge!! Not only are you expert in jewellery making but speaking Russian and even mastering Arabic.. well.. I am able to speak a smattering of Hebrew and many, many moons ago was able to read and write basic... but now - all forgotten except a few phrases! xx How long were you in Russia for? Forgive me George, you've just said a couple of years!!!!

Last edited by Ronnie on Sun Oct 23, 2011 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Realized I'd asked a question that had already been answered!!)
Ronnie
Ronnie
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

Back to top Go down

Post  mizgeorge Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:21 pm

LOL, my Arabic is far from mastered! I can get from one place to another, order a meal and tell small boys and hawkers to leave me alone and that's about it!!

I did the kibbutz thing in my late teens, but everyone was so keen to speak English that I never really got going with Hebrew, which is a shame as I'd have love to have learned it. I recall a very surreal experience one evening in the canteen watching Blade Runner, partly upside down, with an out of sync soundtrack and hebrew subtitles. There again, I'm not sure it made that much more sense when I saw it 'properly' a couple of years later.....

Like you Ronnie, I have a very mixed heritage - none of my four grandparents had the same nationality, and as a result I've picked up a bit of a hodge podge of everything along the way Wink
mizgeorge
mizgeorge
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2