Jewellery Maker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Showcase on Etsy Results

3 posters

Go down

Showcase on Etsy Results Empty Showcase on Etsy Results

Post  Odonata Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:10 am

Well, I said previously I'd get back to with the results of having purchasing "Showcase" slots on Etsy, so here's a break-down of my findings:

I bought 1 bracelet slot on New Years Eve and 3 on New Years Day, for Bracelet, Earrings and Necklace.
Four slots cost £18. (That's not cheap to my mind,£4.50 each).
Traffic through my shop increased phenomenally. From having on average one or less views per day I had 45 listing views and 5 shop views. I had items favourited 9 times and the shop was favourited 2 times (However some of those may have been you guys or friends on Facebook).
I made no sales.

While it was good to have so much traffic through the shop, none of it stopped long, no-one bought anything and it wasn't cheap so all things considered I feel a bit cheated.

I hadn't realised when I purchased the Showcase slot that only 1 item from my shop would be showcased and that it would be the the one at the top of the list. A 2nd item would only be showcased if the 1st was purchased.
It's hard to guess which item will create the most interest from an unknown audience so if anyone else takes up Etsy's "Showcase" I suggest you pick the most visually interesting piece to put at the top of your list and make sure it's got a REALLY eye-catching photo.
Odonata
Odonata
Special Moderator Extraordinaire
Special Moderator Extraordinaire

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OdonataStudio

Back to top Go down

Showcase on Etsy Results Empty Re: Showcase on Etsy Results

Post  ToBeadOrNotToBead Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Sorry to hear that you didn't sell anything, but it is interesting to hear how traffic increased for you. Hopefully your experiences will help others, so thanks for sharing.

ToBeadOrNotToBead
Not of this world
Not of this world

Back to top Go down

Showcase on Etsy Results Empty Re: Showcase on Etsy Results

Post  Batty Sun Jan 15, 2012 7:25 pm

Thanks for Odonata
Batty
Batty
Not of this world
Not of this world

Back to top Go down