Jewellery Maker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Triplemoonstar Jewellery Designs & Kilo Lemur Lampwork

Go down

Triplemoonstar Jewellery Designs & Kilo Lemur Lampwork Empty Triplemoonstar Jewellery Designs & Kilo Lemur Lampwork

Post  Mooch Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:14 pm

My name is Kaye L Lewis. I started making Jewellery in 2004 as gifts for family and friends. I started making Beaded Jewellery after buying a kit from a local craft shop. I got to a stage in Jewellery making where I needed to learn soldering. I found a course at a local college. City&Guilds Design and Craft - 3D Studies in Jewellery Advanced Level 3. I initially applied for the intermediate and was moved to advanced three weeks later. I was the only person on the course that hadn't done any soldering. I was awarded my certificate in 2009. I continued to study under a Silversmith on three further uncertificated courses. Gem setting is my favourite part of Jewellery making.

When I first started making Jewellery I was using mass produced glass beads. I soon discovered that there are many people creating their own lampwork beads. I've longed for a chance to have a go but there was no-one around locally to teach lampworking. I had a small lesson from Ray Skene in 2010 as we were holidaying in Wales. Ray Skene is a well known expert in glass arts. I got my Lampworking kit in August 2010 and started making my own lampwork beads. Like the Silversmithing I picked this up very quickly. My goal was to be able to produce from scratch my own unique pieces of jewellery incorporating my own lampwork beads and gemset jewellery.

In September 2011, my teaching studio will be built in our back garden. I aim to be able to have a maximum of six students. Everything I am today is mainly through the encouragement and support from my husband, family and friends.

Outside of my business. I am Mother to four girls 18, 16, 12, 5. I am disabled with Fibromyalgia, this is the bane of my life. It is also the catalyst for finding work that I can do at home. I am Bipolar and Schizophrenic. My madness provides a wonderful insight into creativity. My creative outlet also medicates my madness in a positive way.

I look forward to meeting all of you x
Mooch
Mooch
Da Management
Da Management

Back to top Go down