Jewellery Maker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need a suggestion or help with wire working

3 posters

Go down

Need a suggestion or help with wire working Empty Need a suggestion or help with wire working

Post  Luie's Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:31 am

Hi to all of you guegrues out there with wire working! I have a question.

I am creating a center piece from a square picture jasper that, In my mind, I would sew some different kind of seed beads, and then incorporate some small wire working to create this pendent. Here is the question. Do I glue, adhesive, the wire art to the seed beads, or how do I place this wire working onto the stone with the sewed beads?

Luanne (Luie's)

Luie's
Shiny New Member :-)

Back to top Go down

Need a suggestion or help with wire working Empty Re: Need a suggestion or help with wire working

Post  Tinker Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:46 am

Hi Luanne
I think it really depends on the Jasper and what sort of effect you're going for. You could wire-wrap a cage and then incorporate the seed beads, or if it's a flat-backed cabochon and you want to do bead sewing you could always try the seed bead bezel option. Try sketching out a few options?
Tinker
Tinker
Da Management
Da Management

http://www.beadsbykat.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Need a suggestion or help with wire working Empty Re: Need a suggestion or help with wire working

Post  Luie's Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:49 am

It's a flat-backed cabochon, I thought about caging the cabochon, but I wanted to give it some POP with some copper and brown. Then considering the wire working would go into the look at the top.

Luie's

Back to top Go down

Post  Odonata Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:43 pm

Odonata
Odonata
Special Moderator Extraordinaire
Special Moderator Extraordinaire

http://www.etsy.com/shop/OdonataStudio

Back to top Go down

Post  Luie's Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:59 am

That helped greatly, thanks!

lubrookover.etsy.com Luie's Handmade Jewerly

Luie's

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum