Jewellery Maker
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

How have you attached your hose to Your Burner?

3 posters

Go down

How have you attached your hose to Your Burner? Empty How have you attached your hose to Your Burner?

Post  Batty Sat Oct 22, 2011 12:07 pm

Tuffnells have supplied me with a Zero ring that is crimped tight on to the hose at burner end, but i was going to get some, Jubilee clips? anyone else done it this way?

Very sad day today, 2 years since my step father passed away.
Batty
Batty
Not of this world
Not of this world

Back to top Go down

How have you attached your hose to Your Burner? Empty Re: How have you attached your hose to Your Burner?

Post  mizgeorge Sat Oct 22, 2011 3:09 pm

It's not recommended to use jubilee clips - they can cut into the hose, and are more prone to leaking. The best bet is 'o' clips (with either one or two ears) which you just crimp down with a heavy pair of top cutters. If you want to be able to move things round, it's far better to put a quick release valve somewhere in the length of the hose.
mizgeorge
mizgeorge
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

Back to top Go down

How have you attached your hose to Your Burner? Empty Re: How have you attached your hose to Your Burner?

Post  Batty Sat Oct 22, 2011 7:18 pm

I see, thanks for that Mizgeorge ;-) I was just wondering when it came to cleaning the torch, how hard are they to get off?
Hopefully it wont want cleaning as much as the HH needed it.
sunny
Batty
Batty
Not of this world
Not of this world

Back to top Go down

Post  mizgeorge Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:57 pm

You don't ever need to take them off. Cleaning a dual fuel is as simple as a bit of a poke down the burners with a wire and a bit of a tap on a surface. Even that is barely ever needed - it's a much cleaner burn than a HH.
mizgeorge
mizgeorge
I'm On Fire
I'm On Fire

Back to top Go down

Post  Tinker Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:07 pm

Lol, I wasn gonna say - cleaning? affraid Just a little poke here and there lol.

I never changed the set up I was provided to be honest - never felt the need.

Sorry to hear about your step father hon, about the same time we lost my mother in law then Crying or Very sad
Tinker
Tinker
Da Management
Da Management

http://www.beadsbykat.co.uk

Back to top Go down

Post  Batty Sun Oct 23, 2011 10:57 am

I see, thanks ladies
Sorry about your Mum in law Tinks -x-
Batty
Batty
Not of this world
Not of this world

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum